Yeah I know I don't write as much blogs as I used to. I appologise with my slow paste. I'm really busy nower days, what with all the house work and projects I have thrown at me! Haha. (Oh shit, now I'm thinking about that pile of dirty plates I need to sort out tonight!!!)
I thought about just deleting the whole the blog thing as I did with my Myspace blurbs, but then I realised that would be stupid. I don't own a diary or a journal so this is the perfect way to keep my memories.
Anyway, enough about that. Last week was probably one of the biggest highlights of my life last week, I'm being deadly serious. I got the chance to work for 4 days with Britian's most well known stylist and goddamn-it-he's-amazing-on-different-levels Gok Wan for his Channel 4 TV show "Gok's Fashion Fix"!
(Now I'm thinking of it, I have so much to say about the whole duration of the work experience.. I'll be here for days so I'm just gonna bullet point the memoral parts!)
- Entered the designer styling room which me and Siobhan called "Aladin's Cave of Wonders!".. I felt like I would puff into dust if I touched anything in there. I spotted a Vintage Chanel 2.55 bag which I grabbed straight away. We all started playing "dress up" because the stylists just left about 5 of us in the room full of expensive clothes and accessories!
- I tried on this AMAZING Hermes studded bracelet which took the piss to get on my wrists and then out of nowehere this security guy comes in and asks "WHO LET YOU IN HERE?!" which left me cowardly trying to rip the friggin' bracelet off!
- Saw Gok in all his glory, but didn't have the chance / time to speak to him. Oh well, looking is good.
- Spoke to Brix and took pictures with her, she is absolubtley funny!
- In the afternoon one of the head stylists for Brix Start Smith's designer room asks me and Siobhan to buy some slips for a Jean Paul Gaultier dress that a model couldn't fit, therefore unbuttoning the front.. we bought like three things but the nicest slip dress we found was a lilac one from Topshop costing about £25... we were so worried Brix was gonna go mental but to our relief AND excitement, it was USED IN THE SHOW!! :D
- Saw his parents at the show.
- I can't really recall on the second day as I don't have much pictures from that day.. it must have been a boring day.. the same old, same old haha.. All I remember was that there was one lovely Canadian model who kept complementing me on my "geek glasses".. and eating Sushi for lunch?! Oh yeah.. Gok smiled at me and said "Hello, you alright?" :) OH AND photocopying Terms and Conditions like 10,000 times and stapling them all! And handing out voting cards to the audience.. lol.
- EDIT: Spoke to his Mom and Dad for a while during the fashion show about Chinese culture and shit. Gok suggested going China town to eat so I agreed to show them where China Town is, that's when he was like. "Omg thank you so much.. GORGEOUS Fendi cuff btw.." :D::DD
- One of my fave days, this was when I met Dave (another work experience person from Sutton).. he was shy at first so I was like, "let's just work together"... and like one of assignments he and I had to do was go to Tesco and get like a CRATE of bottled water. OMGGG... The comments and remarks we had walking down new street... so our excuse was "Gok Wan's thirsty!" HAHA..
- Dave and Siobhan got told to go to Hair and Make Up to see if the models wanted anything to drink or whatever.. ugh some of them were nice but then you got some that act like children.. "I want this! I want that! Oiii... get this! Here's £20.. get me this" and it's like HELLO?! I NEED A PEN AND PAD YOU IDIOT. One of them tugged Siobhan's top whihc made her go angry! Ha..
- So we got to Starbucks where we had to made a BIG order (paid seperately) and when our orders came.. we werre standing around the sugar and milk area bitching about the models and their demands when Gok was like, "Erm excuse me, haven't you got a job to do?!" in an angry tone which made my face go :'O and he was like "OMG I'M ONLY JOKING.. OH I FEEL SO BAD!" haha and I was like, OMG you shit me up. But then anyways, for scaring us.. I asked him for some photos for our Portfolio and he was like yeaaahh.. so we took individual ones and i took one with him pushing my face close to his and he was like, "Omg you're so Chinky!" .. like I hate racist words like that and whenever someone says that word, I cringe but it felt normal with him LOOOOLLL.. But yeah he was so sweet we had a group one and he was like "Lets do the chinese pose!" aWWW..
- Then we went flyering which was cool :)
- Hung out with the TV crew for a while, they were sound. Reallly nice people.. loved them.
- Had Singapore noodles for lunch :)
- Spoke to his parents again, his Dad's jokes.. "Am I the oldest man here?" haha.
4th day: (I speak too much.)
- Asked the production crew for Tea / Coffee from Starbucks.. and then Gok was like.. "Can I have Evian in a big bottle?" so me and Siobhan were like.. err... Ok. Ran to the news agents, they only had Volvic lol.. we bought it and we was like.. "Sorry, we couldn't find EVian.." and he was like " You stupid Chinese girl! Do you know wht happen to the person who bought me Volvic?!" (Joking obvs)
- Me and Siobhan were made to go out and look for special people to sit in the front row cos the production crew were annoyed that most of the audience was teenage girls.. they needed the mumsy type people. Found some really suitable women.. Like Battlewelch .. ahhh it's like an inside joke but you know.. (too hard to explain.. my hands hurt).
- Flyering again..
- THre was other things we did... but i can't think straight my fingers are straininggg!!! hahaha